Apr 30, 2013

Letter to the Craziest Girl I've Ever Met

I've been staring at this  paper for so long. Planning to say goodbye to a friend I've learned to love and share my life with for almost three years. I don't want to be too emotional, this wouldn't help anyone. But no matter what I do to convince myself that this is the reality of life. People come and eventually go, it still makes me sad. And since I can't tell her personally about this because I'm afraid I will just cry, I wrote it in a letter instead. And I hope by this I can show her how much I'm going to miss her.




My Dearest MU, 

I can still remember the first time I met you. Those pretty short hair  with an attractive face and a sweet smile. You we're talking on the phone, no, I think you're almost whispering. You we're wearing a purple top matched by cute shoes on the same color. You're confident I can say on the way you talked to the people around us. I just stared at you but silently I smiled. I didn't know that day will be the start of everything.

We flew together to the kingdom with our hearts full of hopes and dreams. Willing to conquer the world we both don't know how it works. Bahrain welcomed us on a threat of deportation due to an expired visa. I remember how you talked to the airport facilities to defend ourselves. I saw fear  but you we're so brave enough to stand up there. Thank you. I remember when I had my first heartbreak. I was crying and you get the phone and told him to leave me alone. I saw anger and with it I felt secured.  With you I felt safe and strong to stood up again and believed that life must go on. Thank you. I remember how you take good care of me even when I'm on vacation.  I remember every time you buy food for me, when you washed my clothes when I'm tired, when you take good care of me when I'm sick, when you shared even the smallest things you have to me. You're always there for me from the very beginning until now. 

You we're always the first person to know what's happening in my life. My deepest secrets, my guilty pleasure, named it and sure I already told you about it. You we're my best buddy, my playmate, my gossip girl, my boyfriend, my sister rolled into one.

I remember when you said to me that you already have your visa. I was apathetic for a moment. Not so sure what to feel. I'm happy for you. This is your dream and finally heaven answered your prayers. But at the back of my mind, I felt sad to the point of crying. I imagined a life without you when I go back in the kingdom. It will never be the same. Never.


So while everyone on the other side of the world are excited for the coming days, how I wish I could stop the clock. Stay on this day where I can see you right there on your bed, talking and laughing out loud, teasing everybody, dancing as if you're crazy and throwing something at me just to get my attention. I hope we could stay this way for a little while. But as I'm wondering now it seems that time had been moving too fast. Everything will be a memory soon. Funny pictures and happy moments that forever stay in my heart. And though I'm afraid of the coming years that I will not see you, I will be strong, don't worry, for God knows how much I treasure you so I'm sure He is now marking the date that I will hear your loud voice again.

You may see tears in my eyes when you go but I hope you know that what I shared to you on those years of friendship are the best of what I'm capable of giving. Not because I need to do that but you only deserve the best. You're worth of every care, laughter,  tears, trust, and love everyone can ever shared to someone.

So my beloved Carme, my ever dearest MU, I'm looking forward on that day. I'll see you in a bit.I don't care how long it will takes because I'm sure if we see each other again, it will feel so good as if we're together all this time.

No doubt, I will miss you and I love you so much. Have a safe journey ahead.

                                               Lots of Love,
                                                   CYE 










1 comment:

  1. This is such a sweet letter! Thanks for sharing this.

    www.modernworld4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete