Sep 30, 2011

My Sassy Girl

It is my favorite movie of all time. It was my very first Korean movie. And if I would trust my memory ( which I doubt ), my Tito gave me a copy of this movie six years ago. The other month, I watched it again and it was still as heartbreaking, funny and entertaning even though it was my sixth time watching it.

You know what's good with this movie in the first place?! It was based on a series of true stories posted by Ho-sik Kim on a blog describing his relationship with his girlfriend. Then it became later a best-selling book and the movie follows.The film was extremely successful in South Korea and was the highest grossing Korean comedy of all time. ( Thank you Mr. Google.)

The story started when Gyeon-woo and the girl, who is never named in the movie, met at the train station on his way to his aunt's, he observes a drunk girl, standing so close to the edge of the train platform as the train approaches. He pulls her to safety just in time.


The first meeting...:)

 
He can't leave her alone in the train station...


So he decided to brought her in a hotel..



She was an aspiring writer. She always insisted him to read her stories
 
They always play around...


All of a sudden the girl ask him to bring his highschool uniform. He don't know they we're going to pretend young again and went to a club.

One of the sweetest and my favorite scene in the movie was when the Girl calls him and tells him to bring her a rose during class to celebrate their 100th-day anniversary. He did this, leading to a touching and romantic scene where he arrives in disguise into a packed auditorium and watches her play the melody of Pachelbels Canon D on a piano onstage. Her classmates applaud in his romantic gesture.




This was the saddest part, when they need to say goodbye to each other. The reasons why and what they talked about, I won't tell for those who haven't watch it yet. It's for you to find out.


I was crying on this scene..:(
Everything that they encounter throughout the film magically comes together in the end, and it's truly heartwarming. Oops.

Here are some of my favorite super "KULET" photos of them.





I am always fascinated with the characters and how the story goes. They were a very interesting couple.
There was something with how he looks at her. How huge his patience just to make her happy. How deep his love just to help cure the girl's pain. And the girl, she isn't your ordinary girlfriend. Her mood swings wildly from joyful to being so "violent" at times. But despite of all, he always finds a way to be the MAN she always wanted from the very start.

Let me share with you the 10 rules to make her happy.

 1. Don't ask her to be feminine
2. Don't let her drink over three glasses
3. Drink coffee instead of Coke/Juice
4. If she hits you, act like it hurts. If it hurts, act like it doesn't
5. On your 100th day together, give her a rose during her class
6. Make sure you learn fencing and squash
7. Be prepared to go to prison sometimes
 8. If she says she'll kill you, don't take it lightly
9. If her feet hurt, exchange shoes with her
10. She likes to write. Encourage her

You'll laugh..
You'll cry...
You'll fall in love again..
And for me, it makes me hope that one day, someday, my that kind of man will eventually come along.(Hmmmm.)

Anyway. our beloved Philippines are now experiencing calamities because of typhoon Pedring. I always pray that all is well and safe. God bless Us all guys.

P.S.
Here's the trailer of My Sassy Girl. Hope you'll enjoy it.


P.S.S.
There's a Hollywood remake of My Sassy Girl. I haven't watch it yet but I know that maybe  it won’t be as good as the Korean, but I still hope they do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment